There’s not much of a difference between a personal website and a business website, of course the content may vary, but for both cases, web design is important.
Having a great, clean, web design will really help make your website look professional and easy to browse. There are several things to consider when coming up with the best web design, so let’s go through and look at some of the main points.
- Organize and optimize content as efficiently as you can. Try not to have so much happening on one page, try to find a simple way to organize content into tabs or links on a website. When you optimize your mobile website, it’s important that all the content is minimal and efficient. Your mobile site and desktop site should both be very clean and easy to navigate.
- Maintain links and web pages often because sometimes links may expire or something may randomly malfunction on your web page, so it’s important to check it often and do a little maintenance on both mobile website and desktop website.
- Consider the user’s need, whether desktop or mobile. It’s important to have a fast download time and a balance of clear images and text. Test your site on both desktop and mobile phone to see for yourself if the web page is suitable for users.
- Plan a clear navigation tab, and make sure to categorize or filter links and other files in a clear way. Avoid stress and confusion, just keep things together and keep them accessible for users. And try to have as few tabs or links as possible when considering the mobile website, only the bare necessities!.
- Remember that mobile users browse with just a finger, so make sure that scrolling and navigating is touch-friendly and large enough to read.
- Use phone location for some website-related features. For example, when a mobile user accesses your site from their device, their location could be used when ordering an item, such as the general location information is already detected (country or region, and city).
- Constantly compare your mobile site with the desktop site, make sure they are both up to date and contain the same information. It’s important to test all the features on the mobile phone to make sure they work and are easily accessible for users.
You should also try to make sure that your website and mobile site share the same theme, or at least colour scheme, so that users can quickly recognize your site.
And remember, when you’re mobile site is ready to launch, advertise it on your website to let users know that they can now access your mobile optimized website and keep up to date with your business. Connecting with smartphone users is a new way to do business, we are all connected, let’s all stay connected.
These are tips for optimizing your mobile website design. Need help finding a designer? Drop us a message and we’ll start working on your mobile optimized website.